Advanced C Programming Course
Become a True Master of the C Programming Language - Confidently Apply for Real Time or Embedded C Jobs or contracts!
What you will learn in this course?
The C programming language in 2020 is still one of the most popular and widely used languages. Having C programming skills gives you great career options, but learning the C language, particularly some of the trickier advanced stuff can be really difficult.
This course is designed to take your basic C skills to the next level and help you obtain mastery of the language by helping you understand advanced concepts of the C programming language, enabling you to master the art of problem-solving in programming using efficient, proven methods.
You’ll learn how to write high-quality C code and to make yourself more marketable for higher-level programming positions.
Just some of the topics in this huge 28-hour course include Threads, Function Pointers, Double Pointers, Recursion, Networking using Sockets, Bit manipulation, Macros, Signals, Storage Classes and loads more. Check the curriculum on this page for full details of what is included in this very comprehensive course.
By the end of this course, with your new-found skills, you will be able to apply for real-time/embedded C programming positions or any job that requires mastery of the C programming language and be able to apply your new skills developing your own Advanced C programs.
What’s different about this course?
Jason Fedin is your instructor in this course and this course takes the skills you learned in that course to the next level.
This course focuses on the details and a thorough understanding of all advanced C programming concepts. This is not just a how-to course, it is a “why?” course.
You will learn how to implement specific advanced C concepts such as multi-threading and double pointers, in addition to learning why they are the best approach and how they make you a high-quality C programmer.
Many, many examples, challenges and quizzes are provided to test your understanding of every concept that you have learned.
This course is unique to other courses here at Udemy in that the details and the why are explained. We do not just go through projects and provide a how-to.
Who is the course aimed at?
This is not a beginner’s course. It’s assumed you have some knowledge of the C programming language, preferably having completed our Beginner course (here on Udemy) or similar training and/or commercial programming experience in C or a similar language.
If you are ready to get started, click on the enroll or Add to Cart button on this page and start taking your C Language skills to the next level.
- Basic knowledge of the C programming language (ideally having completed our Beginners course on Udemy).
- A computer running Microsoft Windows, Linux or the Mac operating systems.
- At least 4GB of ram on your computer.
What you will learn
- Understand and be able to apply advanced concepts of the C programming language to create advanced C applications.
- Understand Function and Double Pointers, Recursion, Bit Manipulation, Macros, Signals and loads more (check curriculam on this page for full list).
- Learn all about threads and networking with Sockets.
- Master the art of problem solving in programming using efficient, proven methods.
- Be able to apply advanced C concepts to other programming languages.
- How to write high quality C code, to make yourself more marketable for higher level programming positions and be apply for real-time/embedded programming positions.
Who should attend
- This course is not aimed for beginners. If you have never used C programming before, then I would suggest you purchase our C Programming For Beginners course first, complete it then come back to take this advanced course.
- On the other hand, if you already have a basic or prior experience with C programming, then this course is for you!
Is available on google app?
Is available on ios?
- Lectures 169
- Quizzes 13
- Exercises 0
- Duration 28 total hours
- Skill level Intermediate Level
- Students 10507
- Last Updated May, 2021
Installing Required Software
Starting to Write Code
Working with Larger Programs
Advanced Data Types
Advanced Control Flow
Input and Output
Advanced Function Concepts
Advanced Debugging, Analysis, and Compiler Options
Static Libraries and Shared Objects
Useful C Libraries
Interprocess Communication and Signals
Extra Information - Source code, and other stuff
2 weeks ago
most considered, and complete course for c programming. very professional and clear . wonderful course . Thanks.
3 weeks ago
Not bad until now
3 weeks ago
This course was just right for my purpose. The pace was right, not too fast or slow. I was a professional embedded developer many years ago so I was already very familiar with the C language. I'm trying to move back into embedded dev so I wanted to refresh my skills and this course worked well for that. I would have liked to see a little more on multi-threading and sockets, but it did provide enough of an introduction to get started in those areas.
4 weeks ago
Leandro Lopes Franco
The course’s content is amazing!
1 month ago
The teacher/professor really knows what he is teaching about, the lectures have a great composition, they cover all the topics you need and you end up as a better, advanced programmer.
1 month ago
well-organized and informative
1 month ago
2 months ago
That is an amazing course with a lot information and examples. Definitely recommended for who is seeking advancement in C Language. At the beginning, slides were showing Intermediate Level and later on fully understand the reason being behind it. If you cannot get to know intermediate level, there is no way you can progress on Advanced portion. Great formation, great presentation. So WELL DONE from the bottom of my heart... And 5 star is not enough for explaining my gains from this course.
2 months ago
Elevata qualità delle spiegazioni
2 months ago
Mario S Petrov
I just watched the first 5 sections and it is already amazing! This course is a great value.