Git & GitHub Masterclass
Add real world development team skills for version control and source control to your resume & programming arsenal!
Git is the most used version control system for programmers in the world. GitHub, with 57 million repositories (projects) and 28 million users is the largest host of source code in the world.
The reality is, developers of all levels need to have a mastery of these tools.
Firstly, because employers are demanding these skills. Developers who don’t know Git and GitHub have less opportunities available to them because so many companies are using one or both of these technologies.
Secondly, if you don’t know how to use this technology you literally won’t be able to function as a programmer anywhere that version control is used. And thats most companies! Don’t get left behind!
This course was designed to get you back in the race – by giving you a mastery of both Git and GitHub!
You will learn all the basics of Git and GitHub, everything from what a repository is, to adding your code to one.
Commits, Pull Requests, Forks, Cloning a repository, Branches, Handling Merge conflicts, Continuous Integration and Delivery, Markdown, GitHub Pages and Google Colab – It’s all here.
But in addition to that you will learn how to use Git and GitHub in real life development situations, rather than learning theory only – So you will know how to use Git and GitHub the right way, and be ready to apply it to your professional development career.
Eduardo, your course instructor has structured this course in such a way that you will be able to follow the videos step by step and apply each concept as you go and finally build up to the final section on Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (a topic which is not covered by other Git and GitHub courses).
You truly will be a master of Git and GitHub by the end of the course.
I could go on and on about what’s in the course, but all you really need to know is that this is a comprehensive course on the topic and Eduardo as the instructor, and Learn Programming Academy as the publisher have a great track record of producing high quality courses. So you can be assured that its the right training you need to master Git and GitHub. This course is ready for you now.
Are you ready to start? Click the Enroll button to get started. Note that you can also check out some of the course content by using the free preview feature on this page.
- No prior programming knowledge required but such knowledge would be an asset.
- No previous experience with Git or Github required.
- A Computer running Windows, Mac OS or Linux.
What you will learn
- Use Git and GitHub in the way that modern development teams use them.
- Understand the ideal structure of a repository.
- Learn how GitHub will enable great collaboration in a development team.
- Master the git commands that will help you explore any repository.
- Leverage Markdown in your GitHub repositories.
- Publish your repositories in public websites through GitHub Pages.
- Feel comfortable contributing to a repository, whether open source or as part of your job.
- Understand how GitHub is the foundation for more advanced development practices such as CI/CD and DevOps.
Who should attend
- Anyone who is willing and eager to learn more about Git and Github.
Is available on google app?
Is available on ios?
- Lectures 74
- Quizzes 0
- Exercises 0
- Duration 11.5 hours
- Skill level All Levels
- Students 1541
- Last Updated July, 2019
Getting Started with Git
Getting Started with GitHub
Fork and Clone
Working with Branches
Collaboration in GitHub
Working with an Open Source Project
Using Git and GitHub from the IDE
Intro to Continuous Integration and Delivery