Windows Presentation Foundation Masterclass
Leverage WPF with C# and XAML to build real world skills with Azure, REST, MVVM and Machine Learning
Do you know a little programming in C# or another language, but are struggling to get an interview, let alone a job?
Maybe you are stuck in a low paying programming job, and want to move up to a better, more senior position.
Perhaps you want to learn a new skill and expand your rèsumè.
Or maybe you want to improve your .NET skills by learning a new and valuable framework.
If one or more of these things describe you, then I’d suggest you give serious consideration to this course.
This course will teach you how to create applications that have a rich user interface, using Microsoft’s Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF).
What is WPF ?
WPF is part of the .NET framework and provides a consistent programming model for building applications by separating the user interface from business logic. It uses XAML (an XML based language) and C#. The runtime libraries are included with all versions of Microsoft Windows since Windows Vista. It’s heavily supported by Microsoft and is a mature and powerful framework.
Why should you bother to learn it?
Many, perhaps most enterprise level .NET applications are built in WPF because of it’s ability to create loosely coupled apps where the business logic and presentation layer are separated. This also applies to apps in general that are developed in .NET. A good portion of Winforms based projects are being upgraded to WPF as well.
WPF developers are in high demand and WPF is fully supported by Microsoft in the latest versions of Visual studio and .NET. It’s a key part of Microsoft’s strategy moving forward.
What will you learn in this course?
WPF is developed using C# and XAML. You will learn how to use WPF to build and access powerful REST services (specifically weather information and machine learning in this course). You will also learn to create your own cloud services, and learn languages and patterns the open up future opportunities in Xamarin as well (iOS, Android and the Universal Windows Platform (UWP).
In addition, in this course you will learn C#, XAML, the MVVM (Model-View-ViewModel) architectural pattern, Azure App and Storage services, and SQLite and more.
Why enrolling in this course is the best decision you can make.
Other courses focus on isolated examples on what you can do with WPF. Not this course! This course guides you through the creation of real world applications as you learn more and more about WPF. You will:
- Build a calculator as you learn:
- Build a contacts app as you learn:
- Using ListViews
- Creating Custom Controls
- Build a machine learning classifier as you learn:
- REST services
- Picking images from the computer
- Build a weather app as you learn:
- The MVVM architectural pattern
- More REST
- Build a notes app as you learn:
- More WPF controls such as toolbar, speech to text, toggle buttons, comboboxes, context menus and rich text format editors
- To add Azure App Services for cloud hosted databases
- To add Azure Storage Account services for storing files in the cloud
- To add Animations
Your instructor, Eduardo Rosas, is a certified Xamarin Mobile Developer who has been building apps with C# and XAML since 2012.
This means you are learning from someone who has all the professional training, skills, and experience you need to teach you how to become proficient with WPF in the fastest possible way. But all the while being taught the right way to program.
If you are ready to get that first paid programming job, or to move up to a more senior programming position, then this course is for you!
After completing this course, you will have the necessary skills to be able to use create your own WPF desktop apps giving you increase career opportunities.
The sooner you sign up for this course, the sooner you will have the skills and knowledge you need to increase your job or consulting opportunities. Your new job or consulting opportunity awaits!
Why not get started today?
Click the Signup button to sign up for the course!
- Some previous programming experience in C# or a similar language like Java is recommended, but not essential
- Access to a computer running Windows (previously Windows 10, but Windows 7 or 8 is ok as well).
- If not running Windows natively, a Virtual machine running Windows is required.
What you will learn
- Be able to build desktop apps that leverage WPF
- Be able to create your own cloud services
- Learn languages and patterns that open up opportunities to create iOS, Android and UWP applications using Xamarin
- Learn to better structure your code for easier maintenance, better code reuse, and greater compatibility with other projects (such as Xamarin and UWP)
- Build your own app from start to finish including its cloud services such as databases and file storage
Who should attend
- Anyone wanting to understand and use Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Anyone wanting to increase career options by learning an important Microsoft Windows development technology
Is available on google app?
Is available on ios?
- Lectures 131
- Quizzes 0
- Exercises 0
- Duration 20 hours
- Skill level All Levels
- Students 6550
- Last Updated October, 2019
Intro to WPF
XAML - The Calculator App
C# - The Calculator App
Improving the UI with Resources and Styles
SQLite - The Contacts App
Custom User Controls
REST and AI
MVVM - The Weather App
Azure App Services
Azure Storage Account Service
Deploying your WPF App
Extra Information - Source code, and other stuff
1 week ago
Melina G Gomez Gallo
si, aprendí mucho. ¡Muchas gracias!
1 week ago
Very organized and very clear. Eduardo builds from working code solutions to more efficient code solutions and provides good explanations as to why do things better.
1 week ago
Excellent Lecture and Course. I was an x Java Programmer approximately 14 years ago and have not programmed since then and this course is really helping me gt back in.
2 weeks ago
Houshang Kheiri Sadigh
The explanation is perfectly step by step, that is why I left 5 stars for this section.
2 weeks ago
Курс мне очень понравился. Надеюсь, я смогу с помощью него выучить ключевые элементы WPF и C#
3 weeks ago
Overall this course was very good, the tutor has much experience and knowledge about WPF/ MVVM. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has small or medium experience in WPF desktop applications and wants to go further.
3 weeks ago
Clarity of English is not good but the content is fantastic. As I am going along I am getting used to the English
3 weeks ago
First time learning WPF. This course is a good beginner-friendly course.
4 weeks ago
oui parfaitement. Très intéressant lorsqu'il revient sur certaines caractéristiques du langage C#.
4 weeks ago
Very good practical course, that gives a good introduction to wpf applied to app development. XAML is presented in a very practical way, with some interesting projects, and useful examples. I particularly enjoyed learning the cloud project, which was a nice challenging exercise. Thank you