Master MATLAB through Guided Problem Solving
Become an expert in MATLAB Programming and Scientific Computing. Advance your career in Engineering Physics Biology etc
MATLAB is the premier programming language of scientific computing in university, research, and industry.
Excellent MATLAB programming skills can make or break a career in engineering, physics, biology, finance, and many other fields.
But how do you learn how to program in MATLAB? Sure, you can watch some tutorial videos online, but those videos generally focus on the most basic coding skills, like what is a variable and how to write a for-loop.
Those are important foundations, but they won’t make you competitive.
If you want to be competitive, you need to become a master at MATLAB programming. And that’s what you’ll learn in this course.
This course is different from other MATLAB programming courses!
Rather than having short videos that presents a simple piece of MATLAB syntax, this course starts from the real-world perspective: Problems in data science that you can solve with MATLAB.
Do you need to learn how to filter your signal in MATLAB? There’s a section for that!
Do you have a complicated formula and you need to translate it into MATLAB code and make a graph that simulates the formula with different parameters? Yeah, there’s a section on that as well!
Do you need to make a movie of a 3D simulation changing in color over time and then export as an .avi file? This course covers that as well!
Maybe you want to learn how to make textured landscapes using fractal math, or use SVD to compute the low-rank approximation of a data matrix, or use nonlinear search methods to fit a 3-parameter Gaussian model to data? You guessed it — it’s all covered in this course!
If you are looking for a slow, gentle course that will take baby-steps to teach you what you could have learned on your own, then this is not that course.
If you want to gain confidence in solving real-world problems in MATLAB coding to advance your studies, your research, and your career by learning MATLAB programming from a single course with >35 hours of hands-on instruction from a world-class scientist, teacher, and writer, then this course is definitely right for you.
Key topics covered.
The basic stuff: loops, functions, IO, etc. Core skills you need to be able to progress with MATLAB for scientific computing or data science.
The more intermediate and advanced topics in the course include:
2D and 3D plotting, and data animations (movies)
Image and time series segmentation
Calculus and differential equations
Univariate and multivariate time series cleaning and analysis
Spectral (Fourier) and time-frequency analyses
Linear algebra including eigendecomposition, orthogonalization, and principal components analysis
Generating fractal pictures and time series
Nonparametric statistics and nonlinear model fitting
Get started today!
There is no doubt that MATLAB is the premier programming language of scientific computing and data science in university, research, and industry.
The sooner you sign up for this course, the sooner you will be able to advance your career in engineering, physics, biology, finance (or other fields using MATLAB).
Why not get started today?
Click the Signup button to sign up for the course!
- A computer with MATLAB or Octave installed.
- Many people have access to MATLAB through their school, university, or company.
- MATLAB also offers student licenses and free 30-day trials.
- Octave is a free cross-platform scientific computing environment that has nearly identical functionality as MATLAB.
- Some prior expose to MATLAB programming is highly recommended.
- This course starts from the basics but builds quickly to intermediate/advanced programming levels.
- Previous experience with other programming languages can be beneficial but is not necessary.
What you will learn
- Intermediate to advanced MATLAB programming proficiency. This is *the only course* that develops intermediate and advanced programming skills.
- Obtain real-world application experience that that researchers and industry professionals use MATLAB for, including signal processing, matrix decompositions, spectral analysis, linear and nonlinear model-fitting, and statistics.
- Gain skills to solve challenging problems in MATLAB, as opposed to memorizing syntax rules.
- Data science projects and problem-solving in MATLAB
Who should attend
- Anyone looking to build a career in engineering, physics, biology, finance, and many other fields by building Excellent MATLAB coding skills
- Anyone wanting to progress beyond watching simple MATLAB tutorials to actually becoming an expert in MATLAB programming by solving real problems in scientific computing
Is available on google app?
Is available on ios?
- Lectures 169
- Quizzes 0
- Exercises 0
- Duration 38 total hours
- Skill level All Levels
- Students 17693
- Last Updated September, 2021
Vectors and Variables
Import and Export Data
Translate Formulas into Code
Graphical User Interfaces
Functions and Anonymous Functions
Find, Min, Max
Calculus and Differential Equations
Cleaning Univariate Time Series
Cleaning Multivariate Time Series
Time Series Analysis
Circular Distributions and Analyses
Fractal Time Series and Images
Nonlinear Model Fitting
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Arvin Hojjat panah Montazeri
I needed something to remind me of what I have learned before and it actually taught me new approaches. very good.
3 weeks ago
sto aspettando che inizi la parte intermedia
3 weeks ago
Lại Quốc Bảo
Mike is awesome, the way he teaches and represents things is really easy to understand and visualize. My note on this course is that your guys should use a notebook to note down briefly the built-in functions syntax and uses, that gonna speed up the learning curve a lot
1 month ago
Easy to follow and very informative!
1 month ago
details oriented while it is not boring. thank you for your lecture.
1 month ago
The approach is very conductive, and a new window of learning programming has been opened with this introduction.
1 month ago
Cesar Alexandre de Mello
1 month ago
So far so good, I need to see more to give a better opinion on this course
2 months ago
I know also further this course will be excellent because instructor is one of the best in Udemy. Thanks for his hard work! Totally appreciated!